SOLVING THE CHALLENGE…
Teachers can’t always control what comes into their classrooms. Capturing Kids’ Hearts 1 shows them how to create high-achieving centers of learning by strengthening students’ connectedness to others through enhancing healthy bonds with their teachers and establishing collaborative agreements of acceptable behavior.
Capturing Kids’ Hearts 1 is a process that is working in thousands of classrooms across the country to provide the strategy and training for teachers and administrators to achieve success in today’s classrooms.
Give us a teacher who’s passionate about their subject, a teacher who cares for the welfare and success of their students, and we’ll give that teacher the tools they need to engage and challenge students, and raise them to a higher level of performance.
Our research-based processes improve the five key indicators of school performance: fewer discipline referrals, improved attendance, higher student achievement, lower dropout rates, and higher teacher satisfaction. The widespread impact of Capturing Kids’ Hearts 1 reads like a wish list for school administrators. Schools that implement our processes report:
- Strengthened student connectedness to others by enhancing healthy bonds with teachers.
- Consistent rules of conduct with reduced disciplinary escalations and referrals.
- Dramatic reduction in truancy and dropouts.
- Reduction of negative behaviors such as isolation, violence, early sexuality, and substance use.
- Significant improvement in student academic performance.
- District-wide improvements in test scores.
- Higher rate of job satisfaction among teachers.
- Increased teacher retention and improvement in teacher recruiting.
Capturing Kids’ Hearts 1 is an immersive, participatory experience. Teachers, staff, and administrators learn and practice skills they will use and model in their classrooms, schools, and districts, including:
- How to build meaningful, productive relationships with every student and every colleague.
- How to use the EXCEL Model of teaching to create a safe, effective environment for learning.
- How to develop self-managing, high-performing classrooms using team-building skills and a Social Contract.
- High payoff techniques for dealing with conflict, negative behavior, and disrespect issues.
Capturing Kids’ Hearts 1 is the beginning of a transformational, multi-year process for teachers and administrators at the campus or district level.